Blessed are the Piece Makers
Piece Makers is a quilting-for-charity group that makes and distributes quilts and blankets to people in need. Piece Makers typically meets on the second Saturday of each month in Wesley.
Prayer Shawl Ministry
Do you love to knit, quilt, crochet and/or sew? If so, please consider joining the Prayer Shawl Ministry by creating a shawl.
Prayer shawls are provided for gifting at the pastors’ discretion and are also given to the Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center Labor and Delivery and Antepartum Department to mothers experiencing bereavement. Donations of materials such as unused yarn, crochet hooks, knitting needles, and funds for materials and packaging are also gratefully accepted.
- Sew Isolette covers for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Memorial Hermann in the Medical Center. These are donated directly to the hospital and do not go through Project Linus. If you know someone who sews, but does not want to quilt, feel free to mention this easy project to them.
- Make quilts, blankets, and afghans for Project Linus. Flannel receiving blankets (42 inches square) with serged or narrow hemmed edges are always in demand, as are the quilts and afghans.
- Donate small, new or gently used stuffed animals for Project Linus.
- Knit or crochet pediatric IV covers for Project Linus distribution.
- Make comfort quilts/prayer shawls for critically ill adults and children in the Bear Creek congregation.
- Make patriotic lap robes for members of the armed services.
- Tie quilts, press or organize fabrics, put tags on completed quilts and blankets. If you want to help but don’t sew, you can still cut fabrics; design quilts; or donate fabrics, thread, or yarn.
- Notify us or the pastors of individuals who might be eligible to receive a comfort quilt.
Thank you for everything that all of you do to support this important mission of Bear Creek United Methodist!
© 2015 Bear Creek United Methodist Church. All rights reserved. Web Design and Hosting by zAAngMedia